ConXus Direct v2.1
Available: May 30, 2012
ConXus Direct v2.1 includes the following enhancements:
- Addition of coaching goals, which can be set and tracked by the coach and are viewable by the member. Optionally, the member may update progress toward reaching a goal.
- Reordering of the member data tree to provide priority to program-related information. Improvements to navigation around the member data tree to provide consistency in expansion and add functionality.
- Exposure of action plans and challenges to coaches to allow coaches to perform all member functions, including enrolment.
- Addition of an obsolete flag on coaching codes so that old codes can be retired from the drop down menus.
Implementation Timeline and Process
The ConXus Direct v2.1 upgrade will take place on Wednesday, May 30th during the scheduled maintenance window from 4:00am to 7:00am Eastern Time.
- No actions are required by client administrators for this upgrade to take place.
- This upgrade will not require any changes to your site configuration or coaching models.
- To take advantage of the coaching goals module, the coach administrator will need to define codes for the coaching goals code set.
Description of Enhancements
This section provides a more detailed description of the product enhancements:
1. Coaching Goals
The coaching goals module provides a structured method for setting, tracking, and reporting on a participant’s coaching goals.
Each client may define a number of goal categories that are used to group goals for reporting purposes, e.g. exercise, nutrition, weight loss. A goal category must be selected when a goal is set.
Coaching goals are accessed from a new tab on the member navigator. The health coach will be responsible for setting goals and for determining goal status. The coach may also track member progress toward meeting each goal.
When a member has active goals, the link “Review coaching goals” is displayed in the member’s To Do List and a Coaching tab is added to the top navigator. The member can review active and closed goals but cannot set a new goal or close a goal. If the option is configured, the member may update progress toward meeting an existing goal.
Management reports allow clients to manage the coaching goals process.
2. Member Data Tree
The member data tree has been reordered to give priority to program-related information and the Health Record for ConXus V2 members. The new order is active program(s), health record, rewards (all programs), and archive. The tree order is unchanged for ConXus V1 members.
Navigation around the member data tree has been made more consistent:
- “Expand All” expands all nodes to their lowest level.
- “Collapse All” collapses all nodes to their highest level.
- Expand (+) on a node will expand all child nodes to the first level, or to the previously expanded level.
- Collapse (-) on a node will collapse all child nodes and any grandchild nodes.
- Any record (leaf node) is opened with a single click.
- New records are created from an explicit link, e.g. Enroll in an action plan.
3. Action Plans & Challenges
Program action plans and challenges are now available within the member data tree.
Coaches will be able to enroll members in a new action plan at any time – i.e. coaches will not subject to the same restrictions that apply to member enrollment.
Coaches will be able to view action plans and complete steps on behalf of the member. When completing steps coaches will be subject to the same rules that apply to members. The coach view of an action plan will be identical to that presented to members.
Coaches will be able to enroll members in a new challenge at any time – i.e. coaches will not subject to the same restrictions that apply to member enrollment (with the exception of team challenges – see below).
Coaches will be able to view challenges and complete trackers on behalf of the member. When completing trackers coaches will be subject to the same rules that apply to members.
When enrolling a member in a team challenge the coach will be subject to restrictions in team size but will not be subject to enrollment date restrictions. When the member is enrolled by a coach he/she will be added directly to the team and will not have to be accepted by the team captain.
4. Obsolete Flag on Coaching Codes
The option to set an obsolete flag has been added to all codes and sub-codes within the coaching code sets:
- Member status
- Progress note contact type
- Progress note contact outcome
- Progress note contact method
- Coaching goal category
This flag allows codes to be retired from active use, so that they no longer appear in the drop downs available to the coach for selection, whilst retaining the consistency of historical data.