ConXus Knowledgebase & Care Support Pages
Available: January 3, 2011
Protocol Driven Healthcare (PDHI) and Healthwise have partnered to provide ConXus program participants with extensive and reliable health information. The Healthwise® Knowledgebase and Care Support Pages are now integrated modules within the ConXus Platform, enabling you to promote:
- ConXus Knowledgebase – health and drug information accessible from the member portal
- ConXus Care Support Pages – one-page educational materials accessible to health coaches through ConXus Direct
The ConXus Knowledgebase includes the breadth and depth of content program participants need to make better health decisions—from chronic disease management to wellness. In plain language, the Knowledgebase guides participants as they work independently or with health coaches and physicians to take an active role in their care. ConXus Knowledgebase includes:
- Symptom Topics. These powerful tools guide participants through the same reliable clinical logic triage used by call centers. Symptom Topics’ user-friendly interface and evidence-based information help consumers come to a decision quickly and get the care they need—building trust in your organization and return visits to your Web site.
- Actionsets. More than 150 Actionsets give participants in-depth information and practical tools to help them take action in managing chronic illnesses.
- Decision Points. Decision Points help program participants understand the facts, compare their options, and consider their values. Healthwise developed Decision Points using criteria from the International Patient Decision Aids Standards (IPDAS), which emphasize aligning healthcare decisions with personal preferences.
- Drug Interaction Checker. Easy to use and understand, this interactive health tool delivers information about possible interactions of multiple prescription medicines, over-the-counter drugs, foods, herbal supplements, and vitamins.
- Topic Development Process. ConXus Knowledgebase keeps pace with the constant changes in the field of medicine by following a comprehensive topic development process.
ConXus Knowledgebase health and drug information can be integrated as a tab within the ConXus navigator to create a Health Library. In addition, participants can access the ConXus Knowledgebase content from links in the ConXus Profile health risk assessment online report.
ConXus Care Support Pages (in English and Spanish)
ConXus Care Support Pages cover more than 400 topics, including chronic conditions, prevention, and wellness. Available in one-page full-color format in both English and Spanish, items from this extensive library are user-friendly for both health coaches and participants.
Health coaches share these pages with participants:
- During face-to-face encounters
- As attachments to messages when using the ConXus messaging system, part of ConXus Direct
Participants easily understand the plain language content. Written at a 6th-grade level, these pages help guide participants toward a healthier lifestyle and better health decisions.
Content Review and Updates Process
As Healthwise content is written, it undergoes thorough medical review by the Medical Team who make sure that Healthwise content is unbiased. Healthwise monitors the evidence-based literature and medical news and makes important content updates in the next release or edition of Healthwise products, or sooner if warranted. When a change is made, Healthwise follows a formal process to incorporate the change in all Healthwise products, so that the content maintains a high level of accuracy and consistency.
PDHI clients do not have to be concerned about updating content, since it will be done for them.
Healthwise is a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. More than 112 million times a year, people turn to Healthwise information to learn how to do more for themselves, ask for the care they need, and say “no” to the care that’s not right for them. For more information, go to www.healthwise.org.